Sunday, April 14, 2019

Chapter 2-11



Ginger: Oh please, oh please, oh please. Be negative.


I look down and my stomach drops. S***, it’s positive. I’m pregnant.

I was so nervous that I vomit. Or was it morning sickness? I wasn’t sure. 


I need to clean this up. They can’t know yet. My parents are going to kill me. That a****** raped me and got me pregnant. This sucks.

I hadn’t talked to him since the incident a couple months ago. He’s been trying to get a hold of me at school and blowing up my phone, but I’ve been ignoring him and looking the other way. I text him, “We need to talk.”

Pomegranate: Okay….babe. ‘bout time you start talking to me again. I’ll be over in a few.

I wait for him outside. I don’t want my family to overhear this conversation.


 Pomegranate: So, what’s the deal? Why the cold shoulder?
Ginger: Oh, please you know why. You f****** raped me. You’re such a moron.
Pomegranate: Hey, come on baby, get over it. It’s in the past. We can start over, pretend it never happened.
Ginger: Easy for you to say. You enjoyed yourself didn’t you? I sure as hell didn’t.
Pomegranate: Well, yeah I had a great time. Let’s do it again, minus the alcohol so you can enjoy it too.
Ginger: No. Not happening. You don’t just ‘get over’ being raped. You obviously don’t care about my feelings, you selfish prick!
Pomegranate: Fine, whatever. Let’s just hang out and do other things.
Ginger: What do you not understand? I’m not doing this anymore. We’re over.
Pomegranate: Geez, since when do you have such a temper?
Ginger: Since you got me pregnant. Congrats, jerk! You’re gonna be a dad.
Pomegranate: Oh f***. That can’t happen.
Ginger: What do you mean that can’t happen? It already has, and it’s your fault. You did this to me. I didn’t want this!
Pomegranate: Well, I don’t want a baby. I hate kids. I’m out.
Ginger: So now you’re just going to walk away?! Fine. I don’t need you, anyway. Goodbye, Pom.

I was feeling a whole mix of emotions: anger, depression, anxiety, fear. What do I do now? 

Obviously, Pom isn’t going to be a part of the baby’s life, so I’ll have to raise it alone. I have some major decisions to make. I need to tell my mom, and ask her for help. 


Mom is sitting at the table in the kitchen, so I sit down and join her.


Ginger: Mom? I want to talk about what happened that night at Pomegranate’s house.
Lilac: Okay, honey. I sensed something happened, but I didn’t want to force you into talking about it if you weren’t ready. So what happened?


I take a deep breath, and tell her everything, from the alcohol to the rape to me being pregnant as a result. After I finish, she looks shocked, speechless.



Lilac: Ohmygosh honey, I wish you told me sooner. We could have filed a police report against him, since what he did was illegal in more ways than one. So what’s your plan?
Ginger: *tearing up* I…don’t…know. Everything is so confusing. I have decided that I want to keep the baby, but I’m afraid that I won’t be a good mom. I want him or her to have their father in their life, but that’s not going to happen with Pomegranate being so against children. I don’t trust him with that responsibility anyway. I don’t want to see him ever again.
Lilac: Understandably so. I don’t like him very much either, never have. We all have your back and we’ll help you as much as we can. I can watch the baby while you’re at school and help out in the evenings when you’re doing homework and such. We’ll work it out, don’t worry.
Ginger: Thanks mom. I just feel so awful. I feel like it’s my fault, that I could have prevented this.
Lilac: This is in no way you’re fault. You didn’t ask to be taken advantage of, and didn’t have a choice to use protection to prevent this pregnancy. Like I said, we’ll support whatever you do.

I hug her and call Mandarin. I needed to tell him what happened. He is my best friend after all. He said he wanted to come over to see me after I told him the whole story. 


He got to my house a few minutes later.



Mandarin: So, how are you today, Ging? Are you feeling alright?
Ginger: Yeah, I’m alright. As good as I can be given the situation.
Mandarin: I can’t believe he did that to you. I agree with your decision not to associate with him anymore. I’m here if you ever need to talk, okay? I’ll help you with the baby if you need it, just say the word.
Ginger: Thank you.


I start to cry. Just pregnancy hormones I guess. I’ve been very overemotional lately. I lay my head on his lap, and he sits there comforting me. He’s the best friend a girl can have.

We both stand up, and I give him a hug. It’s time for him to go home.


Ginger: Thanks, again. For everything. I’ll see you later.
Mandarin: *smiles* Alright, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...