Sunday, April 14, 2019

Chapter 2-12



Mandarin is always by my side, helping me even when it isn’t necessary. As my pregnancy progressed, he became more and more obsessed with my well-being. I guess he’s planning on being here for the long haul.


Today was my second trimester ultrasound, meaning I got to learn the sex of the baby. I’m very excited to share it with him.


In the living room, Mandarin is on the couch, watching TV. He practically lives here now.

Ginger: Hey Man, guess what?
Mandarin: What, Ging?
Ginger: I got my ultrasound done today. You wanna see?
Mandarin: Yes, I’d love that.


I handed him the photo, and he’s speechless.

Ginger: It’s a girl. I can’t wait to meet her. Something wrong?


He starts getting watery-eyed, and tries to wipe away the tears before I see.

Mandarin: No, nothing’s wrong. It’s just— I know she’s not my child, but I feel like she is. I feel a connection to her, like a real father does.

Ginger: Awww, Mandarin, you’re such a softie. 

The rest of the pregnancy flew by. It was Winterfest when the contractions started. Once they got closer together and we knew it was the real deal, we went to the hospital. Mandarin helped me through the contractions, and comforted me as much as possible. I could tell it was hard on him to see me in so much pain


Ginger: Owwww….it hurts so much. Worse than I thought it would be.
 Mandarin: It’s okay, Ging. You’re strong, you’ll get through this. Just think about the end result, your baby. You’ll get to meet her soon.
Ginger: Thanks, Manny, I appreciate your help.

 
Finally the time arrived. The doctor came in to deliver the baby, and our beautiful daughter came into the world. Given the holiday, I thought it fitting to call her Holly Berry, or just Holly for short.

We took her home the next morning. Both of us fell in love with her; Mandarin instantly entered daddy-mode.



Mandarin: She is gorgeous like her mother; she has your eyes.
Ginger: Yeah, she does, how sweet.


Caught up in the moment, he leans forward and kisses me. I’m surprised, but I don’t push him away. His lips are so soft and loving. I can tell this is sincere, not just an act. In this moment, I realize Mandarin is the man I am meant to be with.

I’m sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...