Thursday, May 16, 2019

Chapter 8-4


Because it's been a while since the whole family has been together, Mom invited all the boys over so we could spend time together. None of them were aware that I am pregnant, so naturally they all had to comment on it.


Viridian: Wow, Indi, you look like you're gonna pop.
Indigo: Yeah, any day now. So ready for it.
Viridian: I'll bet. I can't wait to meet my new niece.


Cerulean: Damn Indi, I can't believe you're pregnant. You're the last one of us I'd expect to be having a baby!
Indigo: Oh, shut up!
Cerulean: For real, though. I didn't think you wanted children.
Indigo: Well, I didn't. It just kinda happened.
Cerulean: *chuckles* Same.


Neptune: Aww...you're such a cute pregnant lady. Hello in there! Uncle Neptune can't wait to meet you. Damn, I really want a baby!
Indigo: Maybe someday, Nep.
Neptune: I hope so.


Celadon: Congrats on the baby, Indi! I wish I knew you were pregnant. I would have brought you something for the baby.
Indigo: It's alright, Cela. I've got more than enough. I appreciate it though.
Celadon: So are you and Huckleberry gonna get hitched?
Indigo: Eventually. Just want to make sure things will work out with the baby and all.
Celadon: Understandable. 


It was great having everyone together again. I miss them all so much; I loved seeing them all and catching up. I got teary-eyed when it was time to say goodbye. I blame the pregnancy hormones.


 Huck: It was nice having your family over, and to finally meet them. They are quite the characters, huh?
Indigo: Oh, you don't even know. Imagine growing up with them. There was always drama going on especially when the twins were around.
Huck: Yeah, they seem like the wild ones of the group.
Indigo: That's an accurate assumption.
Huck: Are you alright? You look like you're in pain. Is it time?
Indigo: No, I'm fine. My back is just a little sore. I don't think it'll be much longer though.



Huck gets down on his knees and puts his face to my belly, something he's been doing a lot lately.

Huck: Hey, baby girl, daddy's here. I can't wait to finally meet you.
Indigo: You're such a goofball, Huck. Now will you stop? You're embarrassing me.
Huck: Oh, alright. I feel her moving around in there.
Indigo: I think she likes your voice. I think she's gonna be a little daddy's girl.
Huck: You think?
Indigo: Yeah, I really do. I'm calling it now.

A week later, I was walking down the hallway when my contractions started getting bad. I had felt little twinges of pain throughout the day, but I didn't think too much of it. Then they started getting closer and closer together, and I knew what that meant. I was in so much pain by this point I had to stop and brace myself up against the wall until the contraction passed.




Huck comes walking up from out of the bedroom, looking worried. 

Huck: S***, Indi, are you alright?
Indigo: *grimacing* It's...time...
Huck: For real? Damn. Let's get you to the hospital.

We make it to the hospital safe and sound, and are admitted to a room. Now just to wait for the dilating process to be finished so we can have this baby. This took longer than I expected. I fell asleep periodically, for short amounts of time until the contractions came and woke me up again. I was miserable during this time. Thankfully, Huck was there to comfort me as best as he could.



Huck: I feel so useless, I wish there was more I can do for you Indi. I can tell the pain is excruciating at this point. I feel so bad.
Indigo: It's fine, Huck. There's nothing you can do. Just stay with me; that's all I want.
Huck: Of course, babe, I'm not leaving you. I don't want to miss this.

Finally it was go time. I was ready for this pain to be over with. My body is physically exhausted by this time.



 Huck: You're doing great, Indi. Almost there.

I feel a relief in pressure, and hear the little cries of our baby girl. I started to cry. She's finally here. I got a quick glimpse of her before the whisked her away to clean her up. I held her, and fed her for a little while until my body gave way to sleep. Huck took her so I could rest.


At first when I woke up I was confused. Where am I? Then I remembered, and looked frantically around the room, finally relaxing when I see Huck laying with our daughter sleeping on his chest. He woke up when heard me stirring, and brought the baby over. 

Huck: You were right. Definitely a daddy's girl. Aren't you, Lavender?
Indigo: I can tell. She looks so comfortable with you, daddy.


He repositions her, and I walk behind him to look at her little face, then she opens her eyes for the first time.

Indigo: Awww, she just opened her eyes, babe.
Huck: Really?
Indigo: Yeah, and she looks just like her daddy. Eyes and all.
Huck: She has...an eye like mine?
Indigo: Yes, identical to yours. Weird.
Huck: I was hoping she wouldn't I don't want her to be bullied in school or called a freak...
Indigo: Well, if that happens, we'll kick their asses. She's beautiful. I don't think she'll have any problems.
Huck: I hope not. I would feel so guilty.
Indigo: Don't worry about it, babe. She's happy and healthy, that's what matters.
Huck: You're right. That's all we could ever hope for.


We took her home once we got the all clear. Huck is obsessed with her as I knew he would be. I can't help but stand by her crib and watch her sleep. So calm and sweet. Never in a thousand years would I have thought I'd be a mom, especially to such a beautiful baby girl.



The older she got, the more and more she looked like Huck. She doesn't take after me at all. My parents love her, and are eager to babysit whenever needed.


 My little, Lavender. What would I ever do without you?

<-- Chapter 8-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...