Friday, May 17, 2019

Chapter 8-5


When people say 'they grow up fast' they aren't kidding. Lavender hit her toddler years in the blink of an eye, and she has everyone wrapped around her little finger. My parents spoil her, so naturally she is very close with them. They are glad that they were still around to see the day that I gave them a grandchild.


As predicted, she is a daddy's girl. He watches her while I work, and vice versa. I always come home to her stuck to him like glue.


When I get home, she runs, or rather wobbles, over to me as fast as she can to greet me, looking at me with those big eyes. I wouldn't trade this feeling for the world. And to think I never wanted kids.


Lavender: Mama home! Mama home!
Indigo: Hello, baby. Were you a good girl for daddy today?
Lavender: Yes mama. I good. I always good.
Indigo: Well, thank you, Lav. Get daddy for me okay?
Lavender: Yes! 

Lavender goes to get Huck, and he comes over to me, smiling.

Huck: Welcome home. 
Indigo: She's awfully excitable today, huh?
Huck: *chuckles* Yeah, she's bouncing off the walls. She was good though, I can't complain, just full of that toddler energy.
Indigo: Huck, I'm going to meet up with my brother, Neptune, okay? He's in town and wants to go out for some coffee. Mind watching Lav at little longer?
Huck: Of course. Have fun. I'll be here.


 I meet Neptune at the cafe, we order some coffee and sit at an outside table.

Neptune: Glad you could make it.
Indigo: Yeah, nice to see you again.
Neptune: How's Lavender doing?
Indigo: She's great. She's at that hyper age right now. It's hard to keep up with her. 
Neptune: I remember when you were that age. That's a fun age.
Indigo: Haha, yeah, it is. 
Neptune: So, there is a reason I asked you to meet me here. I have a favor to ask.
Indigo: Sure, anything for you, Nep. What can I do for you?



Neptune: So, you know how I'm still dating Key Lime?
Indigo: Yeah. You're a really cute couple.
Neptune: Well, we're getting pretty serious now, and we really want a baby...
Indigo: Um...okay..?
Neptune: We've been having trouble finding someone to help us out. We want a surrogate so that we could have a biological child, at least partly.
Indigo: So...you want me to...?


Neptune: We were wondering if you would be our surrogate.
Indigo: Um.. wow... I wasn't expecting you to say something like that.
Neptune: If you don't want to, it's fine. I just thought I'd ask.
Indigo: Okay, well, I need to think about this, and run it by Huck. I'll let you know what we decide. 
Neptune: Thanks, Indi. I know this is weird, but it seems like you're our only hope.
Indigo: I'll talk to ya later. Gotta get home.
Neptune: Okay, love you, sis.

I head home, my mind reeling. Wow. I wasn't expecting that. Should I do it? I mean, he's my brother and I really want to help him, but would it be weird to Huck if I was pregnant with another man's baby? 


Indigo: Hey, Huck, what ya doing?
Huck: Doing stuff for work. Finally got Lav to go to bed.
Indigo: Aww, is daddy tired?
Huck: Nah, I'm good. What did you want?
Indigo:  I need to talk to you about something, after you finished this of course.
Huck: Alright, I'm almost done. I'll be there soon, babe. 


 I wait in the bedroom for Huck to finish up his work. He comes in looking excited.

Huck: So, baby, I'm here...
Indigo: I'm aware.

He gets on the bed with me and pulls me into him.

Huck: You're so f***ing hot, baby. I love you so much.



  He kisses me, and I return the favor. Then I gently push him away.


Indigo: I really do need to talk to you. That wasn't just an excuse to get you into the bedroom. Maybe later, okay?
Huck: Oh, damn, okay. What's on your mind? 
Indigo: As you know, I met with my brother.
Huck: Yep.
Indigo: Well, he wanted me to meet with him because he wanted to ask me if I could be a surrogate for he and Key Lime. They haven't had any luck finding someone, so I'm their last resort.
Huck: Uh...what did you tell him?
Indigo: I said I'd think about it, and talk it over with you. What do you think about it?


 Huck: I mean it would be a little odd, ya know. You being pregnant with a baby that's not mine...
Indigo: I know, I thought the same thing.
Huck:...but it's your body, so if you want to do it, then I'm cool with it. It'll take a little getting used to...
Indigo: I want to do it.
Huck: Alright, I support your decision, baby. Wait...you don't have to sleep with- 
Indigo: Oh, God no. I wouldn't agree to it if that were the case. It's a medical procedure; it's not guaranteed to work, but it's worth a try, right?
Huck: Phew, okay good. If you want to do it, go for it.
Indigo: I'll let them know, thanks for the support, baby.



The next morning, I called Neptune to let him know my decision.

Indigo: Hey, Nep, I talked it over, and I want to do it. Just let me know what I need to do.
Neptune: Great, thanks so much Indi! Key will be really excited when I tell him. How about you come to the city and stay with us for a couple days so we can talk things over and figure out how and when we're going to do this.
Indigo: Sounds good. See you then. 

What a mistake this decision turned out to be.

<-- Chapter 8-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...