Friday, May 17, 2019

Chapter 8-7

"Hey, Indi, you feeling okay?"



Indigo: *shakes head* I think I'm gonna be sick.

I run to the bathroom and upchuck. This isn't good. Not at all. 

I told Huck that I needed to get something from the store. He watched Lavender while I was gone. When I got home, I took the box and went into the bathroom. It's the moment of truth. Am I pregnant?
 

It feels like the test took forever to deliver the result. It was positive. I'm pregnant...and Key Lime is the father.


Huck comes in and I tell him the news.

Huck: S***, I'm sorry, Indi. I know you're not happy about this. Neither am I. That asshole got what he wanted.
Indigo: I-I just don't know what to do. This just feels so wrong, so unfair. I don't want this baby. Should I...get rid of it, if you know what I mean?
Huck: It's your choice, babe. I support whatever you decide to do.
Indigo: F***, I guess I'll keep it. I can't hurt an innocent little baby, even if it is a product of rape.
Huck: What about adoption?
Indigo: I don't know, I'll have to think about it.


  I decided to stick out the pregnancy, but I felt no attachment to the baby. I know it sounds bad, but just the thought about how she was conceived made me sick, and I was constantly reliving the trauma I went through that night, everytime I looked down at my ever-growing belly. 

I tried my best to keep a smile on my face for Lavender's sake. I don't want her to see me like that. Thankfully, she is young and doesn't understand what's going on, and she won't remember this when she's older.

 
Neptune came to visit one day since he was in town, and he wanted to celebrate the New Year with us. I hadn't told him about the baby, so he was shocked when he saw me.

Neptune: Holy s***, Indi. You're pregnant? 
Indigo: Yeah. That asshole ex of yours accomplished his mission.
Neptune: Damn, it's his baby? 
Indigo: That's what I said. I don't want her; I feel no connection to her even though she is my child. I feel like such a bad mother! What kind of woman doesn't love her baby?!
Neptune: Calm down, Indi, breathe. I understand why you feel that way. How about...
Indigo: How about what?
Neptune: Indi, I'll take the baby. I'll raise her as my own. That is what was originally going to happen before the incident, anyway, right? 
Indigo: If you really want to...she's yours. I guess your hope of having your own baby is happening after all. Thanks, Neptune. I appreciate it.
Neptune: No, thank you, Indi, for making me a father. I just wish you didn't have to endure hell for it to happen. 




He smiles, happy at the prospect of having a baby. He then proceeds to touch my belly, feeling the baby's kicks. 


 As far as pregnancies go, it went pretty well, aside from the emotional turmoil I was enduring the whole time.

 I gave birth to her at home, held her and fed her her first meal, and handed her over to her new daddy. He named her Bleu. 

I was surprised how I started feeling that maternal instinct towards her at last as soon as I held her in my arms. I finally was feeling affection towards her, I love her, my new beautiful daughter. 


 I'm happy that she is going to a great home with my brother. He was smiling like any proud father. I know he will treat her with love, and I'll be able to see her when Neptune visits.


 A few weeks later, I was getting stir crazy from staying at home in order to recover from the birth. I kept thinking about the baby, and how she was doing.

Huck suggested that we get out of the house for a while, so we took Lavender to the park to play. 

Huck: Hey, Indi, I know it's been rough these past several months. It'll get better, I promise. 
Indi: I hope so; I can't handle any more stress. I just wanna be happy, you know?
Huck: I know. I feel the same. While we're on the subject...


 He steps back, and gets down on one knee.

Huck: This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. We've been through a lot, and I think it's time we make our relationship official. Indigo Greene, will you marry me?
Indigo: Omigosh, yes! Yes, I will!

I was giddy like a little school girl. This was the first good thing to happen to me in a very long time. Huck, Lavender and I can be a family. 

At last.
 <-- Chapter 8-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...