Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Chapter 9-9




[phone rings]

Lavender: Hello?
Violet: Hey, Lav, it's me, Violet.
Lavender: Oh, hey Vi, what's up? You sound upset.
Violet:*sniffles* There's been an accident, Lav. Mom and Dad...they didn't make it.
Lavender: Are you serious? What happened? 
Violet: Car accident, they died on impact...it was horrible, Lav. 
Lavender: S***, I-I can't believe this. How is everyone holding up?
Violet:We're hanging on...barely. We don't know what do now. I mean, they've always been around and now...they're not.
Lavender: Do you want me to come down there?
Violet: No, it's okay, we'll manage. I'm sure you're busy. We'll keep in touch, alright?
Lavender: Yeah, okay. Call me if you need anything.
Violet: Will do, Love you, Lav. Later.
Lavender: Love you too, bye.



 The news didn't sink in until after I hung up. They're really gone. I won't see them again, at least not in this lifetime. I sat on the ground of the balcony and started bawling like a baby.

 Macadamia: Hey, what's wrong, baby?
Lavender: My sister called...my parents...they died in a car crash...
Macadamia: Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. That's awful. 
Lavender: I feel so...empty. I don't know what to do.
Macadamia: *sigh* I know this sucks, and life isn't fair, but you need to be strong. You can't let something like this destroy you, no matter how bad it is. Unfortunately, that's how life is. 
Lavender: I know. I'm grateful to have had them as long as I have. Your parents died when you were young, right?
Macadamia: Yeah, my dad died of cancer when I was a baby, and my mom died when I was a teenager. 







Lavender: I'm sorry. I feel like I'm being so selfish. I can only imagine losing them when I was that age. I don't think I could've handled it.
Macadamia: It was hard but I dealt with it...in time. That's partly what made me turn to making music. It was my therapy.
Lavender: Wow, I never knew that.
Macadamia: Most people don't. It's not exactly something I thought should be public knowledge.

Lavender: It's just...hard, you know...to process...and think that they won't be there anymore. 
Macadamia: I know, trust me, babe. Just let it out, you'll feel better. I'm here for you. I'll break the news to the kids so you don't have to.
Lavender: Okay... 

It was another bump in the road of life. As expected the kids were upset by the news. It was difficult but we all eventually got over it. Since then, Chantilly decided to put her time into being a internet personality doing beauty videos and reviews. She has gotten really good at it and her channel is growing pretty fast.


She also has been bringing her 'friend', Obsidian over almost everyday. I suspect that there is more than just friendship going on between them.


Seeing her pretty face fills me with pride. She's grown into a wonderful, caring young woman. It makes me sad to think she'll be a young adult within a couple years. I don't know what I'll do when she isn't around anymore. 

I guess time will tell.
<-- Chapter 9-8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...