Thursday, April 25, 2019

Chapter 5-2


Melon and I have been dating for a while now. Our relationship seems to be getting better and better by the day. I feel so comfortable with him, that I can talk to him about anything. We've been hanging out in the little apartment over the studio. It's nice to get away from the family time to time, and I know my brothers would mock me if I brought Melon over there. You know how brothers are. Melon stays the night frequently, while he's trying to find a room to rent since he decided to move to town to be closer to me.

Lately he's been acting distant, like something is on his mind. I decide to give him some space because he seems like he needs it. 

Today he sent me a text, which is odd. He usually calls me when he want to talk. 'Meet me at the park in Del Sol Valley.' 

I meet him at the park in the evening since he said that would be a better time to meet.

Melon: Hey, babe, glad you made it.
Daisy: Hi, what's going on? You're acting weird.
Melon: Nothing. I just wanted to show you this place. It's really pretty.
Daisy: Okay...?
Melon: Follow me!


He grabs my hand and starts leading me further into the park. I couldn't help but feel like one of those girls on those crime shows where the boyfriend leads her into a dark place and she disappears. I'm paranoid, I know, but I just don't know what to think of this situation; it's so out of character for Melon.


We get to the other side of the park where there are large fountains. They were pretty but I think Melon hyped it up a little more than necessary. There's something off here. He didn't bring me here to see the fountains...


While I was observing the fountains, Melon had moved behind me. 

Daisy: What is g-

As I turned, it dawned on me. Melon was down on one knee, holding a ring up to me.


Melon: Sorry, this isn't as romantic as I envisioned. But anyway... *clears throat* Daisy Amarillo, I love you so much, and I want to be with you forever. Will you accept this ring and make me the happiest man in the world?

I couldn't breathe for a moment. Is this really happening? We haven't even known each other for that long. But what the hell? I love this man.

Daisy: Yes, I accept. I love you too, Melon.


We hung around the fountains for awhile, enjoying the moment.


When it started getting really late, we turned and headed back to the car.


Daisy: You had me worried for a second there. You know how this looked? I thought I was going to be murdered or something.
Melon: Haha, seriously? Why would I do that? But I get it. Sorry, I shouldn't have been so shady about it. I thought you were going to say no, judging by how you hesitated.
Daisy: I was shocked. I mean we haven't been together that long. I was contemplating if you knew what you were getting yourself into, haha.
Melon: Oh, I'm ready for it. There's nothing you can say or do that is going to change my mind. I'm serious.
Daisy: Now that you mention it...
Melon: *looking panicked* What?
Daisy: *smirking* Nothing. I'm just kidding. Love you! 

 To celebrate our engagement, we took a weekend camping trip. Probably not the best idea since it was snowing. But it was so beautiful and peaceful. We spent most of the daylight hours outside.


On the last day of our trip, we decided that it was time to have our first woohoo together.
A perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...