Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Chapter 5-1


 Daisy's POV

My name is Daisy Amarillo, second oldest child of Blossom and Maize Amarillo. As chosen heiress for the family, I decided to finally purchase a building to use as my photography studio. I'm still working on fixing it up, but I'm so excited to get this thing up and running. Here I will be able to showcase my photos, do photo shoots and help aspiring photographers get started. I distributed fliers around town asking for volunteers to model for sample photos to be displayed in the studio. My family modeled for some, but I'd like to get photos of the locals as well.


It even has a small apartment upstairs that I can stay in when I need space from the family.


As I was cleaning and arranging the room, a man walks in the door.

Daisy: Hello, how can I help you?
???: Hi, my name is Melon. I saw your flyer and I wanted to check this place out. I'll model for some photos too if you're still looking.
Daisy: Oh, yes, that'd be great. Sit down. Tell me about yourself.


Melon: Well, as I said my name is Melon. I live in Waferburg, but I'm here visiting family. I was in the area and thought I'd stop and check out some of the shops on this block. That's when I came across your flyer.
Daisy: Very cool. Ready to get started?
Melon: Yeah, let's do it.


There is something very cute about him. He has kind of a bad-boy exterior with the tattoos and piercings, but I see a sweet, sensitive side to him as well. It's such an odd combo, but I find it super attractive. I get the background and camera set up, and we get started.

Daisy: Just give me something casual. Anything you want.
Melon: Like this?
Daisy: Yes, that's perfect....All right, we're all set.
Melon: Cool. You're a natural with the camera, aren't you?
Daisy: Uh, yeah, I guess...Well, thanks for helping me out. In return I'll give you a discount if you ever need photos taken in the future.
Melon: Sound good, I'll spread the word around. I gotta get going. See ya soon?
Daisy: Yeah, sure. Bye, Melon.


I get the photo printed out and framed, then hang it on the wall next to the others. It fits in pretty well with the others, but there's also something about it that makes it stand out. Maybe it's just because I feel attracted to him. Who knows?


 Throughout the week, I spent my days adding to my sample photos. On Friday night, I decided to go have some fun, let loose a little bit. I brought a small camera because the club I was going to had a beautiful fountain that I wanted to take a photo of "for business purposes." 


I took the photo that I intended to, and then headed for the dance floor. As I was letting my body move to the music, I look across the room and see him. What's he doing here, of all  places? 


I want to go talk to him, but I don't want to seem creepy. So I decided to casually walk past him to use the restroom. On my way back to the dance floor, I sense him looking at me.


Melon: Hey, I know you. What are you doing here? 

I turn to him, he's smiling at me. I smile back.

Daisy: Oh, hey, didn't see you there; what's up? I'm just here enjoying a night on the town.
Melon: Same. Wanna get a drink? My treat.

Daisy: Sure, thanks.



We head over to the bar. He orders both of our drinks.

Melon: So since I told you my story, what's yours?
Daisy: I was born and raised here in Newcrust. I live with my parents and two brothers. I just finished school, and now I'm working on getting my studio up and running. 
Melon: I dig that. I wish I had your talent. I can't take photos worth a damn.
Daisy: You should stop by the studio some time and I'll give you some pointers. It's a lot of fun once you understand the basics. 
Melon: Hmmm....maybe I will. Sounds like fun. Enough chit chat, I'm gonna dance, you in?
Daisy: Ooooh, yes, I'm in.

Why would I pass up a chance to dance with this cutie? We made our way back over to the dance floor, and get lost in the music.

The next thing I know, we are in an embrace, kissing. I don't remember what led up to that point, but I don't mind. I liked it...a lot. I guess he felt the same spark that I felt.


 The kiss was the end of our evening out. We said goodbye and went home to get some sleep.

The next morning I was up bright and early to continue setting up the studio. I'm determined to get this finished as soon as I can. To my surprise, Melon showed up again.



 He walks in the door, and I look at him curiously.

Daisy: Hey, Melon.
Melon: Hey Daisy, is it okay that I'm here? I know you're busy so if now is a bad time...
Daisy: No, no it's fine, come sit.


He sits down on the sofa next to me.

Melon: I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun getting to know you last night. Would you be interested in taking the next step, and go out with me?
Daisy: Oh, yes, I would love to.
Melon: I'm glad to hear it. I really like you, Daisy.
Daisy: I like you too, Melon.

  
We sit and hang out for a little bit before he excused himself.


Melon: Well, I'm gonna let you get back to work. Call me when you're done. 
Daisy: Will do. Bye. 
  
Is this the start of a long-term relationship? We'll find out soon enough, I'm sure. I'm not going to make the mistake that my sister did. No way, no how.
<-- Chapter 4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...