Friday, April 26, 2019

Chapter 5-3


 We waited a year before we got married, just to make sure it was going to work out. We were more sure than ever that we were ready for that level of commitment. We got married in a quaint little chapel. It was a small, intimate wedding with close friends and family.



After the reception, we left for our month-long honeymoon in Selvamanzana (hey we deserve a break!). We rented a small house and just enjoyed each others company. 





And the love was not in short supply ;)


After the first week of our vacation, I made a surprising discovery. I had my suspicions since before the wedding, but it wasn't until now that I was 100% sure. I am pregnant.



Daisy: Hey, babe? 
Melon: Yes?
Daisy: I have something to tell you. 
Melon: Lay it on me.
Daisy: I'm pregnant!
Melon:I know we've been woohooing a lot this week, but I'm pretty sure you don't know that quickly. Just sayin'
Daisy: Haha, very funny, Melon. I've been noticing symptoms the past few weeks, since before our wedding, but I just ignored them thinking it was nothing. But I'm totally sure now. I've gained a lot of weight, I've been feeling sick in the mornings, I'm late...
Melon: Okay, okay I believe you, geez. I was just playing. That's great honey. I'm excited about this. I just can't believe it is happening so soon.
Daisy: I know, but I can't wait, now that it's happening.



 By the end of our trip, it was very obvious that I was pregnant. We spent that last week just relaxing, since physical activity (hiking, exploring, etc.) was starting to become more difficult for me, and the morning sickness didn't help either. 

Now it's time for us to start a new chapter in our lives. Parenthood.
<-- Chapter 5-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...