Saturday, April 27, 2019

Chapter 5-4


 The holidays came around, and I was heavily pregnant by that point. I had been saving a Winterfest surprise for Melon and now it was time to show him.





Daisy: Hey Melon, I have a surprise for you! Come here.
Melon: Oh? Okay.
Daisy: Sit.
Melon: Yes ma'am. So what is it?

I pull out my ultrasound and hand it to him. He takes it and stares at it blankly.



Melon: Um...I'm confused. Am I reading this right? It looks like there are two...
Daisy: Yes, baby, we're having twins! Isn't that great?
Melon: O-M-G! That's awesome! I thought I was seeing things. That explains why you started showing so early on.
Daisy: Yeah, I was shocked when the doctor told me. I thought it would be a nice surprise...
Melon: Yes, it's great, honey. Thank you so much! Wow, I can't wait to meet them. What genders are they?
Daisy: One boy and one girl!
Melon: Perfect!


 Pregnancy has been pretty good up until this past month. As my belly grew, so did my discomfort. The babies were kicking all the time, making it hard for me to sleep. My back was sore and my feet were swollen. Luckily Melon was there to comfort me.

Melon: Something wrong babe? You look uncomfortable.
Daisy: I am at the moment. The babies are wide awake right now. They're kicking up a storm right now.
Melon: Let me feel. Maybe I can soothe them.
Daisy: *chuckles* Okay Mr. Baby Whisperer



I join him on the bed and he pulls me on top of him.


Daisy: Feel right here
Melon: Wow, that's amazing. I felt it. Let me talk to them, maybe they'll calm down for a while so you can rest.
Daisy: Go for it.



He leans in closer and kisses my belly. He then starts softly talking to the babies. To my surprise, they settled down.

Melon: Guess I really am a baby whisperer. Now try and get some sleep, babe. You look exhausted.
Daisy: Yes, I am. Thanks...Daddy. 
Melon: You're welcome, Mama.

That was the best night sleep I had in a long while. I couldn't believe that worked. I guess they really love their daddy.



During the last trimester, I was finally able to get my studio opened for business. Thanks to Melon's recommendations, I got pretty busy.  Naturally, being pregnant, I couldn't stay open the long hours that I would like, so I cut the hours to just 6 hours a day until the babies are born. Melon helped me when he could, but he had to go to work most days.

 
 The contractions started while Melon was at work. They were bearable for a while, but then they started coming fast and furious so I rushed to the hospital. Melon met me there after he got off work. He comforted me while we waited until it was time to start pushing.

 

Melon: I can't imagine the pain you're in right now, but just think about the end result. We are finally going to meet our babies. We've been waiting months for this moment.
Daisy: I know. I just hurts so bad, honey. I just want them out already. I can't take this much longer.

I took a nap, and by the time I awoke, the babies were ready to come out. After the immense pain of the past several hours, I was relieved to finally be done with it. Melon held my hand the whole time.



The babies had finally arrived. We named our son Clover, and our daughter, Ivy. We took them home the next day.



Clover is Melon's mini-me except with my eyes. Ivy has my skin color, and Melon's hair and eyes. It is a fantastic feeling to finally have our babies in our arms. We are looking forward to the exciting new adventure of raising them.
...........................................................................................................................................................

Two years later 

 The twins have hit the toddler years, and they're definitely a handful. It's been rough taking care of two babies at once but we got into the routine pretty shortly after they were born. The two of them are always together. I guess what they say about twins is true.


Ivy is a little firecracker and drama queen. She is the troublemaker of the two. She alone is enough to make me pull my hair out sometimes.


Clover is pretty laid back, an easy child, which I'm thankful for. He is always happy and smiling.


<-- Chapter 5-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...