Sunday, April 28, 2019

Chapter 5-5



 I found out I was pregnant again when the twins entered elementary school, around 6 years old. I wasn't planning on having more children but it appears that the universe has other plans.




 I was happy to be having another baby, but this pregnancy was just as bad as the first, even though there is just one baby this time. We found out that it is another girl. Ivy is very excited to be having a little sister.



I spent the days at the studio. My back hurt most days, so I had to sit down a lot to get more comfortable. My customers were cool about it, and some even congratulated me on the new addition to the family.



When our new daughter, Jade, came along I remembered how much I missed having a little one in the house. She looks a lot like Ivy did as a baby. Hopefully she won't have the same attitude that Ivy has.


Thankfully she grew into a bubbly, happy little girl. It was nice to have a girl that isn't going to give me trouble.

Unfortunately, life isn't always fun and games. Dad had a severe heart attack and had to be rushed to the hospital. Mom was very worried about him. She stayed by his side 24/7. She called me with updates, while I was caring for Jade and Melon was at work.


Daisy: Hey Mom, how's dad doing?
Blossom: Not too good. The doctor says it's not likely that he's going to make it through the night. You might want to bring the kids down here to say your goodbyes. 
Daisy: Oh...okay. We'll stop by after everyone gets home.

My heart dropped when Mom said that. Dad isn't going to make it. This is going to be tough to deal with.


I brought the twins to come say goodbye. Mom stayed with Jade in the waiting room since children her age weren't allowed in the room. Clover was speechless, seeing his grandfather laying there like that, knowing he won't be around much longer. He starts to cry.

Daisy: It's okay to cry, Sweetie. I know it's hard.


Ivy was very upset by the news, and decided she didn't want to go in, so Melon stayed back with her.

Ivy: I don't want to see him like that, Dad. I want to remember him as he was when he was well.
Melon: I understand, honey. If you don't want to go in, I'm not going to force you. 

Melon took the kids home to get them to bed. I stayed behind with Mom so she wouldn't be alone when Dad passes.


Blossom: I-I can't believe this is it. I won't see him or his smile ever again.
Daisy: I know, it sucks. We're all going to miss him, but we'll make it though. I love you, Mom.
Blossom: Love you too, Daisy. Thanks for being here.

Dad passed away a couple hours later. As you can imagine, we were all devestated now that it has actually happened. We were all hoping that somehow he would come though this and be okay but that wasn't the case. 

I held it together as long as I could, but when I got home, I broke down. Luckily, Melon was there to comfort me. 

 
Daisy: I can't believe he's gone. Why does life have to be so cruel?
Melon: That's just how life is, unfortunately. Sorry for your loss, sweetie. I know I'll miss him too. I can only imagine how you're feeling right now.
Daisy: It's the worst feeling.
Melon: I'm sure it is. I never knew my father because he died before I was born. My mom died when I was really young so I don't really remember her. 
Daisy: Wow, I never knew that. So you have never lost anyone like this before?
Melon: Not that I remember, no. Now, let's try to get through this and stay strong for the kids, okay? I know it's going to be hard, but we need to do it for them. They don't need to see us this upset, ya know?
Daisy: Yeah, you're right, thanks Melon.
 

He helps me up off the floor and pulls me into an embrace. 

Melon: I love you, baby.
Daisy: I love you too. 

The tragedy didn't end there. A few months later, Mom collapsed outside and passed away before the ambulance got there. I honestly believe she died of a broken heart. She had been moping around after Dad's death. At least they are together now.


 In time, we moved on. It wasn't easy, but we did it. Hopefully we won't have to deal with this much sadness again for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...