Sunday, April 7, 2019

Chapter 2-1

"Happy Birthday, Lilac!"

I sit up on my bed and see my mom smiling at me.
Lilac: Thanks, Mom. 
Snow: I can't believe my little girl is all grown up.

Here we go again...
We go over this almost every year. With me being her only daughter, Mom has always coddled me, more so than she did with the boys. Today is my 18th birthday, so I'm now officially considered an adult. And my mom is freaking out.

Snow: Let's have a girls' day out, just the two of us. 
Lilac: Okay, let's do it.

Humoring her, I agreed to go bowling. It's something that I've never actually done before, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. After a fun day at the bowling alley, we went home to Dad and the boys. They had a cake set out for me when I walked in the door.


All: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Lilac: Thanks everyone, this looks great.

I blew out the candles and made a wish. Then Mom handed me a gift.

Snow: It's from all of us.
Lilac: Wow, thank you.

I open it up and see an envelope. Inside was a pair of tickets for a trip to Selvadorada. I pull my mom, who was closest to me, into a hug.

Lilac: Thank you guys so much. Why is there an extra ticket? 
Snow: So you can bring along a friend. Have fun, get away from the chaos of of this family for a while.
Lilac: Awesome, I will!
.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Two days later, I am packed and ready to go. I had given myself a makeover, trading in my old jacket and jeans for a cute dress, and cut my hair into a cute Bob which I pulled back into a small ponytail. I was tired of my boyish way of dressing. I guess that is what happens with you have a bunch of brothers, huh?


 I decided to take my good friend, Banana (Mango's sister) with me. Everyone else I had asked was busy. 


We arrived in Selvamanzana later that night. After taking a few photos of our beautiful surroundings, we headed to bed, eager to start our adventure tomorrow.
The next day we decided to check out the market, and the bar that was a part of it. As I walked into the bar's side entrance, a man calls from behind me.

???: Lilac, is that you?
I turn and look at the man who addressed me. Do I know him? Then I realized who he was.

Lilac: Apricot? No way! I haven't seen you in ages. How long has it been? Ten years?
Apricot: *smiles* Yeah, sounds about right. How have you been?

I look at him for a second before I replied. I remember those pale, kind eyes and his adorable smile. He was my best friend when we were children. When we were eight years old, he and his mom moved far away because his mom had gotten a new job. That was the last time I saw him. I was devastated. Now, here he is, after all these years.

Lilac: I've been doing well,  nothing super exciting. What are you doing here?
Apricot: After I finished school, I decided I wanted to travel a little bit before settling down and getting a job. You?
Lilac: My family gave me tickets as a birthday present, so here I am taking a break from everything.
Apricot: Cool. You wanna hang out and catch up sometime?
Lilac: That would be great. How about you come back to the rental house tonight?
Apricot: yeah sure, I'll see you then.


Apricot came by that evening around 7PM. We hung out for while and chatted. I asked him to stay the night, and headed up to my room. A few minutes later Apricot came in.


Apricot: Uh, hey, sorry to bother you but I wanted to tell you that I've always had feelings for you, even when we were children. I know that it's weird, but i wanted to tell you. After my mom and I moved, I didn't think I'd ever see you again, and I thought about you all the time. I just can't believe we met up like this after so long.
Lilac: I-I feel the same way. I had a crush on you as a kid, and I was devastated when you left.
 Things started heating up after that, and I'm not going to lie, we hooked up. It was my first time and it was amazing. And before anyone says anything, no, I'm not pregnant. If I've learned anything from my older siblings, it's that if you don't want a baby, you need to take the proper precautions. So no babies for me...yet.


Afterwards, I got up to use the restroom. Banana had just got back from a club where she was hanging with the locals. She looked at me with a smirk on her face.

Banana: So who's the cutie? I heard you two in there. Spill it.
Lilac: His name is Apricot. He's an old friend that I knew a long time ago, when we were kids. I ran into him at the bar, and I couldn't believe it.
Banana: Oh, that explains it. Damn, I was hoping he was single. *laughs* I'd like a piece of that.
Lilac: Don't even think about it, girl.
Banana: I was joking, geez. Lighten up. You really like him don't you?
Lilac: Yes, very much.
Banana: Alright, well, have a good night you two *winks* 
Lilac: *rolls eyes* Good night.

The next morning when Apricot and I got up, Banana had left to do her own thing. So the two of us decided to explore the jungle a little bit. Not being properly dressed, we didn't go too far. We came across a canyon with a bridge, and it was an amazing sight. Unfortunately, Apricot got stung by bees and started feeling really sick so I headed back to the house; he went to the hospital and came by afterwards, and fell asleep on the couch.

A few days later, it was time to go back home. We said our goodbyes and agreed to keep in touch. This trip has made me wonder, was this unexpected meeting a sign? Is it fate that the two of us got back in contact? Is Apricot my soulmate, the one that I've been looking for?

If so, then my wish has come true.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...