Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Chapter 1-4

Snow's POV

Love has been in the air lately. With Grape getting married and moving out, I thought that that would be it for a while. But I was wrong. 


The following day, I walked into Cloud's room only to find a girl with him.

Snow: Who's this, Cloud?
Cloud: My girlfriend, Lime. I'm sure its pretty obvious.
Lime: Hi, Mrs. S. *waves*
Snow: Well, hello Lime. Nice to meet you. Make yourself at home.

To say I was surprised is an understatement. Cloud is the last one of the boys I'd expect to have a girlfriend because he is so anti-social and hot-headed.

Since that day, Lime has moved in with us. After talking to her, I learned that she came from an abusive family and left home once she was old enough to do so. When I learned that she was homeless, I offered for her to stay with us. She came here to Newcrust to start a new life, and hasn't been able to save up enough money for a house yet. She told me that she met Cloud in school and had been dating for several months now.


I also learned that she is a really good match for Cloud. She is a tough girl who can hold her own when things get rough, but is also really sweet once you get to know her, despite her tough exterior. She deals with Cloud's attitude and balances him out pretty well. After a couple months, she had become like part of the family.




About five months after she had moved in, I noticed a change in her. She looked like she had gained some weight and she had been feeling nauseous pretty frequently. I decided to pull her aside and have a talk with her.



Snow: Come with me, please Lime.
Lime: Okay? Sure.
Snow: So Lime, is there anything you'd like to tell me?
Lime: Uh-no, I don't think so. What's going on?
Snow: I think you know. Lime, are you pregnant?
Lime: Shoot! Is it that obvious?
Snow: As someone who has had six kids, yes, it's obvious to me. Maybe not so much for everyone else. I have seen some changes in you over the past couple weeks, and they all point to pregnancy. So it's true then?
Lime: *blushes* Yes, it's true. I'm so scared; I don't know what to do. How do I tell Cloud?
Snow: Just tell him, he'll figure it out eventually. I'd be easier to just be honest with him. 
Lime: *sigh* Okay, I don't think he's going to take it well.

........................................................................................................................................................
Lilac's POV


I'm working on my homework when Lime comes into the room. The two of us have become pretty close in recent months. She's become like a sister to me. It makes me wonder, if someone like Cloud can find his soulmate, why can't I? Sure, I've dated people in the past but nothing worked out. I guess time will tell. 

Anyway, Lime comes into the room, looking stressed. I get up to put my schoolwork back into my backpack when Cloud comes into the room as well. I didn't expect what happened next.

Lime: Cloud I have something to tell you. I need you to listen, and not get angry okay?

Cloud: Uh, you're scaring me. What do you want to say?
Lime: Cloud, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I'm pregnant.
Cloud: *yelling* WHAT? HOW? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON BIRTH CONTROL! YOU KNOW I DON'T WANT CHILDREN! Lime: I was on birth control, I don't know what happened! *pauses* Oh wait-- I skipped a day on accident. It must've have thrown everything off balance and allowed the pregnancy to take place. I'm sorry Cloud, I didn't want this to happen.



Cloud doesn't say anything, turns around and storms out the front door. I knew exactly where he was going. Lime starts crying.

Lime: *sobbing* I can't believe he's acting like this. He's so angry. There's no way he's going to stay with me now.
Lilac: Let me talk to him, okay? I know where to find him. I'll talk some sense into him. Be back in a little while.




 Cloud was exactly where I knew he'd be--at the bar. Like I said before, he has a drinking problem. When he gets stressed or angry he goes there to drink his troubles away.

Lilac: Cloud, you jerk!  I can't believe you did that. She's really upset now. So what if she's pregnant? You can't yell at her like that. You're just as responsible as she is. It takes two to make a baby! And she's keeping the baby no matter what you say so, if you love her like you say you do, you need to suck it up and be there for her.

Cloud: Dammit Lilac, I know, okay?! I lost my cool. She knows I don't want children and the idea just stresses me out. I panicked. I don't want to be a father. And, truth is, I'm scared. I don't know how to be a father. What if the baby doesn't like me?
Lilac: You're being stupid, Cloud. Your baby isn't going to hate you. Just treat it like our dad treated you. 
Cloud: *sigh* You're right. I need to go back and apologize to her. Hopefully she'll forgive me.




I went home, and Cloud followed suit. Lime was sitting in the living room when we got home.

Cloud: Lime, honey, I-I'm so sorry. I love you and will support you and our baby as long as you let me. I panicked and as you know, anger is my way of dealing with stress. I swear, I won't let it happen again. Do you forgive me?
Lime: Y-yes. I forgive you. I'm as surprised and scared as you are. We'll deal with this together. 




Cloud really got into dad-mode as the pregnancy progressed. I was shocked to see that side of him. The way he looked at Lime, it's something I've never seen from him before. I guess they are soulmates after all. He perks up when she comes into the room, and on more than one occasion, puts his hands on her belly and talks to the baby. Like I said, shocking.

 
Then the day that the couple was so nervous about arrived. Lime went into labor in the early morning hours, we rushed her to the hospital. She had asked me if I would be in the delivery room with her and Cloud. I had agreed, because, after all, she is my friend.




The time dragged on as Lime had contractions that were slowly coming closer together. Then finally the baby arrived, a baby girl that they named Kiwi.  This was the first time I had experienced a birth. It was terrifying, yet beautiful at the same time.

After Lime was discharged from the hospital, we all went home exhausted from what we all had just endured. Within a couple of weeks, Lime and Cloud found a place of their own and moved out, leaving just me, my parents and two younger brothers in the house.

<- Chapter 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...