Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Chapter 1-3


 As the weeks went on, Grape and Mango grew accustomed to Parenthood. Grape still lived here but he went over to visit Mango and the baby everyday. On weekends, he would stay overnight to help out. Balancing school and baby duty was proving tough for the two of them but they made it work.
Sweet Residence, 5PM
Mango's POV




Grape asked me to meet him here tonight so that we can go out. It came out of nowhere, but hey, I'm not complaining. Any time spent with him alone is a blessing. A break from the baby is needed right about now. Don't get me wrong, I would give my life for him, but sometimes you just need to get away. I walk into his house and he's sitting there waiting for me. He gets up an kisses me on the cheek.
Grape:Ready to go?
Mango: Yeah, let's go. I'm starving.
Grape: Good, I have just the place.

We pulled up to the restaurant, one that was newly built this past year. It was beautiful, looking more like a spa than an eating establishment. 

Mango: Wow, Grape this looks awesome. What's the occasion?
 Grape: We had just had a baby, I think we both need this.


He looked off, like he's on edge. What's going on? There's something to that's bothering him.

Mango: Are you okay? You look nervous.
Grape: I'm fine, just a little stressed with school and stuff. Big exam in a couple days.
Mango: Alright, if you say so.
Our dinner arrived and we talked about school and Fig, and other random life things. Then Grape stands up and gestures for me to do the same. I thought he wanted to dance or something, but then he gets down on one knee. Now I understand why he's been acting anxious all evening.
 

Grape: Mango Meringue, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?
Mango: *getting tearing eyed* Yes, of course I will. *pauses* You're not asking me to marry you just because we have a baby are you?
Grape: No, baby, I would have done this either way. *Smiles* I mean it.
He slips the ring on to my finger and I marvel at how gorgeous it is. I can't believe this just happened. What I thought was just a date to have a break from everything, ended up being one of the best nights of my life. 

Mango: I do have one condition though, Grape.
Grape: Sure, lay it on me.
Mango: If we're doing this, we need to wait until after high school for the wedding. 
Grape: I agree completely. So yes, I accept that condition.

With that cleared up, we celebrated the rest of the evening. Since we're only Juniors in school, our wedding wouldn't be until after we graduate next year. That gives us plenty of time to prepare and make sure we actually want to do this. Of course I believe him when he says he does, but you never know what life will throw at you.

..........................................................................................................................................

One and a half years later
Lilac's POV




The day of Grape and Mango's wedding has finally arrived. The two recently graduated and decided that today will be the day. Mango looks beautiful in her sparkly white gown; and Grape looks dashing in his purple suit. Everyone arrived an hour before the ceremony and were eagerly awaiting the moment the two officially become husband and wife. 





Both Blizzard and I have entered our teenage years since the proposal and we're so happy that this day has finally arrived.


Mango's family came and it was the first time I personally have met them. Her parents are a little more strict than mine but they are nice enough.

 Her younger sister and brother, twins Banana and Tangelo are my age. They are both pretty cool, and I can see myself becoming friends with them in the future.

Ash and Raspberry flew in from out of town to attend. It was great seeing them again. Smore had school-related events going on that evening, so he stayed back in San Marzipan with one of Raspberry's friends. 


Mango and Grape brought little Fig along as well. Boy, is that kid growing fast. He is so adorable!

It was a beautiful ceremony. It's obvious that the love between Mango and Grape is forever. I am so happy for my brother and his gorgeous wife.


After the wedding, the two went to their brand new house and enjoyed their first night as husband and wife.
<- Chapter 1-2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...