Sunday, March 31, 2019

Chapter 1-2



Grape's POV
Eight months into Mango's pregnancy.

Mango is, as usual, over at my house hanging out in my room. She smiles at me, absolutely glowing. Pregnancy suits her quite well.

Mango: I found out the sex of the baby today.
Grape:  Oh, yeah? What is it--boy or girl?
Mango: Hmmm...do you really want to know *grins* 
Grape: Of course, I'd like to not have to call the baby 'it'.
Mango: I know...how 'bout you guess. I'll tell you if you're right or wrong.
Grape: Okay, let's see... 



I get up from the bed, and she does as well. I put my hands on her belly, feeling around to see if I can get a vibe from the baby.  What are you little one? I take my hands back off and look at her.

Grape: Hmmm...I'm going to say it's a beautiful baby girl.
Mango: Is that your final answer?
Grape: Yes, I'm certain. I am a baby whisperer. 
Mango: Well... 
Grape: Oh, come on. Am I right?
Mango: Nope, you're wrong! It's a boy! 
Grape: Ahh...I should have known. Boys run in my family after all. 
Mango: I'll say. Your mom probably had a heck of a time with all you boys running around and causing trouble *smiles*. 
Grape: Oh, you know it *smiles back* 
Mango: Oh! 
Grape: (panicking) What? What's wrong?
Mango: Sorry, it's nothing. He just kicked. It startled me, that's all.
Grape: I wanna feel! 



I put my hands back on her belly, she put her hands on mine. Then I feel a little bit of pressure push back at me. It was my son, letting me know he is there. It was at this moment that it really hit me. I helped make this little guy, and he belongs to me (and Mango of course). We are going to be parents!

.....................................................................................................................

One month later. 8:30AM
Snow's POV 

*ring* *ringring* 

 Snow: Hello?
Mango: Hey Mrs. Sweet. It's Mango. I wanted to let you know that the baby is coming, and he's not going to wait much longer. I didn't want to bother Grape while he's at school, so can you please let me know when he gets home?
Snow: Of course, honey. I'll let him know. We'll stop by this afternoon. 
Mango: Thank you, see you guys later. Bye!

3:00 PM
Grape's POV 

Snow: Grape! Good, you're home. Mango called me this morning. She said she was in labor. She didn't want you to skip school, so she didn't call you right away. She wanted me to tell you.
Grape: Oh my gosh! I need to call her and see if she's okay!


I call Mango, nervous that something might have gone wrong or that she'd be mad at me for not calling her sooner. Someone picked up the phone.

??: Hello? 
Grape: Um, hello Mr. Meringue, it's Grape. Is Mango there? Is she okay? I just heard the news and I was worried that--
Tangerine (Mango's dad): Oh, hey Grape. Yes, everything is fine. She's resting. Your son was born at 1:05 this afternoon, here at the house. you can stop by whenever you'd like to see them.
Grape: Great thank you, be there soon. 

This is it. This is the moment I've been anxiously awaiting since I've learned of the pregnancy. Time to meet my son. 

An hour later, after Mango woke up from her nap, I hurry over to her house which a couple blocks away. I can't wait any longer.

I arrive at the house, and Mango herself greets me. I pull her into my arms.



Grape: Hello, beautiful. How are you?
Mango: A little tired, but great other than that. Do you want to meet him?
Grape: Yes, definitely. It took all my self control not to come over as soon as I got the news. 

She takes me into her room at the back of the house. I see the bassinet as soon as I walk through the door. There he is. 



Mango: *picks up baby* He's finally here. I chose the name Fig. Is that okay with you?
Grape: Perfect, he looks like a little fig. 

On first glance, I was alarmed that he didn't look like either of us because of his pale skin. Then I remembered that, in my family at least, usually babies start out pale and their skin gets darker
 gradually as they get older. She hands him to me. I feel the little warm bundle in my arms and can't believe it. It's such an odd, but great, sensation.




Grape: He has your eyes. Beautiful orange.
Mango: That he does. I think his skin is going to be your purple tone. I see a slight purple tint starting in little areas of his skin.
Grape: We'll see. I-I don't know what to do. It seems so surreal. I can't believe he's ours. 
Mango: Congrats, daddy *smiles*
Grape: Congrats to you too, mommy, he's beautiful. *smiles back*

 That was the day my life changed forever. The best day of my life.
<- Chapter 1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...