Sunday, March 31, 2019

Chapter 1-1

  Sweet Household, 7 PM 

Grape's POV 

 

Mango is over at my house visiting me, hanging out in the living room. Out of the blue she stands up and looks over at me.

 Mango: Grape, can I talk to you for a minute?'
Grape: Of course babe, why couldn't you? Is something wrong?
Mango: N-no of course not. I just need to tell you something. It's important.
Grape: Okay,okay calm down. Let's step into my bedroom for a little privacy.
Mango: Alright.

She slowly starts walking to my bedroom. I can tell she's nervous about something, that whatever she wants to say is serious. This worries me, so I decide to try and lighten the mood a little bit.
 

 Grape: Okay, what is it? What's wrong?*gasps* Oh no, you're breaking up with me aren't you?
Mango: Of course not, silly. I love you.
Grape: Phew, okay, seriously now, what is it you wanted to say?


 She looks at me with a worried look and takes a deep breath. 

Mango: Grape, do you remember that one very special night we had last month?
Grape: Yeah, of course I do. It was the best night of my life. Our first woohoo.
Mango: Well, I don't know how to say this...
Grape: What? 
Mango: I'm just going cut to the chase. I'm pregnant, we're going to have a baby.



I was shocked, letting the news sink in. I was going to be a father. How could this happen? She sits there looking concerned waiting for my reply. I look at her and smile.

Grape: I don't know what to say, I'm shocked, but I'm also excited. Don't worry, honey. We'll figure this out. Have you told your parents yet?
Mango: I told them, they weren't very happy but they're supportive. I'm so glad that you're okay with this. I was worried you would leave me.
Grape: Don't be silly, I'm not going anywhere. I need to tell my parents ASAP.
Mango: *groans* Yeah, I know. This is going to be awkward.
Grape: Just chill on the couch and let me do the talking. I don't know how they will react. My dad isn't home right now but I'll tell my mom, and she'll probably tell Dad when he gets home tonight. Let's go get it over with. 

We get up and head for the living room where Mom is watching TV. 


Grape: Hey Mom, can I talk to you?
Snow: Of course, sweetie.

  
Mango sits nervously on the couch, waiting to see my mom's reaction when I told her. 

Grape: Mom...Mango and I are going to have a baby. We woohooed last month and now she's pregnant.

I got nervous all of a sudden, and started babbling like an idiot.

Grape: I'm sorry, Mom. I know what you're going to say. You're going to lecture me about being so young and not being careful. I know that we were stupid, and that we should have taken precautions when we woohooed but it was a spur of the moment thing and one thing led to another...

  
Snow: Grape, sweetie, it's okay. I wasn't going to lecture you. I know you're a smart young man and know about using protection and all that stuff.  There's no need to restate the obvious. I'm not angry with you. Besides, I wasn't much older than you when your father and I found out we were pregnant with Ash. I just want you to know that it won't be easy, especially at your age, but I know that you two will be great parents. Congratulations, Grape. Your father and I will be here to support you and help you whenever needed. Just take care of yourselves, and enjoy the ride.
Grape: Wow, thanks Mom. Can't say I was expecting that reaction. Do you want me to tell Dad, or are you going to? 
Snow: I'll tell him, don't worry. I know him, he won't be angry.
Grape: Love you, Mom.
Snow: Love you too, Grape.  

Dad got home a couple hours later. Mango had gone home to get some sleep. I looked on while Mom told him the news.
 
 
Snow: Hey, Plum. I need to tell you something regarding Grape.
Plum: Uh, okay, what did he do now?
Snow: Plum, you act like he's a troublemaker or something. 
Plum: Yeah, you're right. We all know Cloud is the troublemaker.



Snow: Alright, enough joking around. I need you to know that Grape and his girlfriend, Mango, are expecting. 
Plum: Expecting what?
Snow: What do you mean 'what'? You know what--a baby. We are going to have another grandchild.
Plum: *smiles* I know what you meant. I was joking. That's great! It reminds me of when we had Ash. Wow, another grandbaby. I can't wait.
Snow: You took this a little better than I thought you would, you big softie. 
Plum: (jokingly) Oh shut up woman.
Snow: ...and now we wait... 

And wait we did. 

Chapter 1-2 ->

<- Introduction  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...