Sunday, April 7, 2019

Chapter 2-4

 
With the miscarriage behind us (but definitely not forgotten), Apricot and I kept trying for a baby. I had been going to the doctor regularly to make sure my body is healthy enough to carry a baby. He told me my hormone levels were low so he gave me supplements to help with conception and for my overall health. And it worked! We are pregnant again. This time we are going to be extra careful.


We got an ultrasound done, and found out it is a girl. We are so excited, but worried that something is going to go wrong again.


Luckily, the pregnancy went pretty well. The baby continued to grow and was very healthy according to the doctor. He assured us if a miscarriage was going to happen, it most likely would have happened already. They are most common in the first trimester, which is way behind us at this point. For the first time in a while, we were able to rest easy knowing our daughter was going to be just fine.


At first when I started getting cramps, I thought I was miscarrying again, and was starting to panic. Mom assured me that this time it is labor, that the baby was ready. I felt silly being so paranoid about it since I was eight and half months along. We went to the hospital to get ready for the baby's arrival.


Every woman that has had a baby, says that labor is the worst pain they've experience. Now I know, they weren't exaggerating. The contractions were excruciatingly painful, and they came and went for hours. Poor Apricot was with me the entire time, comforting me, and sacrificing sleep to help me as much as he could.

At last, it was time to start pushing. Mom and Apricot stayed in the room with me, to experience this moment with me.


Apricot: You can do Lilac, PUSH!
Snow: We're right here with you, sweetie. Hang in there, it's almost over.

And finally it was over. We were able to meet our daughter at last. We named her Ginger. She is perfect, and we were instantly in love with her. Mom and the doctor left the room so that Apricot and I can revel in this moment and bond with our daughter.


Even after all the pain and stress, I'd do it all again. This little bundle of joy was worth every second of it. Welcome to the world, baby girl!
 <-- Chapter 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...