Monday, April 8, 2019

Chapter 2-6


This past year hasn't been super eventful, just normal everyday stuff. Little did I know, this coming year is going to be a roller coaster of emotions.

Banana, who I hadn't seen since the trip, called me wanting to reconnect. She invited me to some to the roller rink/bowling alley with her. I figured, why not? It was an excuse to have a break from the kids.


Lilac: Hey, long time, no see. How's life treating ya?
Banana: Umm....well since I've last seen you I had a baby...and got married. Normal life stuff. You?
Lilac: Same, I've got three kids now. They are a handful.
Banana: Very cool.Wanna skate?
Lilac: Heck yeah, let's go.

We skated for an hour or so. We are definitely not very good at it. 


 We said our goodbyes after we finished skating. It was nice to get out for a while. It was time to get back home to the kids so Apricot can focus on what he needs to do to prepare for work.

When I get home, I come in to chaos.

Lilac: Omygosh, what happened?
Plum: Lilac, your mother. She collapsed, and she's not breathing.
Lilac: Oh no. Is she--?
Plum: *tearing up* I'm afraid so. 


Lilac: M-mom...




She lay on the floor motionless. I couldn't believe it. It just happened so suddenly.

The medical examiner came to pick her up. He said that she passed from complications of old age, natural causes. This was a devastating turn of events.

Apricot came over to comfort me.


Apricot: Honey, I'm sorry you came home to this. I was about to call you to let you know what was going on. 
Lilac: Sh-she's gone...*crying*
Apricot: I know, Lilac. This has not been a very good day. It's okay, let it out. 

I spent the rest of the day wondering what it's going to be like without her around. She's always been here to help, whether it is to lend an ear or give advice.


Apricot and I took to the bedroom for a little woohoo, a good way to relieve some of the stress that today has brought on.
....................................................................................................................................................................

The next day, the mood in the house wasn't much better. I had to get out for a while, so I asked Apricot to watch the kids. I went over to visit Banana. I wanted to meet her child and husband, and she had told me I could come over any time to do so.

  
Banana: Hey, Lilac. I heard about your mom. I'm so sorry.
Lilac: Thanks.
Banana: I'll introduce you to everyone.
Lilac: I'd like that.

She brought me to the living room first. 

Banana: This is my husband Cinno.
Lilac: Nice to meet you, Cinno. I'm glad Banana finally found someone, and started a family. I bet your baby is very cute.



Cinno gives Banana a serious look. What's that all about? Are they arguing about something, and I just intruded when I came over?

Banana: Anyway let's leave grumpy here alone, and go outside so you can meet my daughter, Pineapple. 

 Her daughter was outside with Grandpa Tangerine, who is looking rough in his old age. His wife had passed away six months ago, and he's been struggling with a bit a depression.

Pineapple was sitting on the ground and looked up curiously as Banana and I approached.

Banana: Pineapple, this is my friend, Lilac. Can you say hi?
Pineapple: Hi!

She motioned for me to pick her up. She sure is a cute kid. 


I look at her cute little face, and I see something familiar about her. Those eyes...

I put the tot back on the ground and turn to Banana.

Lilac: Can I talk to you in private?
Banana: Um, sure, let's go inside.


 Once inside, she takes me into her room. When I start to talk, she briefly me a look that says 'Oh s***, she knows'. Then she tries her best to look calm, hoping I didn't see. I knew in that moment that my suspicions were right. Now I just needed to confirm it.



Lilac: Banana, I need to ask you something. Who is Pineapple's father?
Banana: Cinno, of course.


Lilac: Listen, I'm not stupid. She looks nothing like him. She has Apricot's eyes for crying out loud. When were you going to tell me?! 
Banana: Alright! You're right. Apricot is her father.


Lilac: H-how could you do this to me? You know he was with me.
Banana: *smugly* I was lonely. So I hit him up when he was in town visiting you...right after our trip. All it took was a little convincing, and we hooked up. Nine months later, Pineapple was born. I wanted a baby, and he gave me one.
Lilac: You b****, why him?! Why not one of the other guys around town. Why not Cinno?
Banana: Cinno wasn't in the picture until later. And Apricot is cute. I actually wasn't joking when I said I wanted a 'piece of that'.
Lilac: F*** you. Don't talk to me ever again. 

With that, the friendship was over. I stormed out of the house and headed home.
........................................................................................................................................................................


Banana (thinking while looking at Pinepple): Damn, you really do have his eyes don't you? S***, I've made a mistake.

 .......................................................................................................................................................................

  
Lilac (storming over to Apricot): HOW.DARE.YOU?!


Apricot: What's going on? What did I do?!
Lilac: You and Banana. Explain. now.
Apricot: Oh, that. She pressured me into it, and I was stupid enough to give in to her advances. It was before you and I were in a serious relationship. It was a one-time thing. End of story.
Lilac: Why didn't you tell me? I thought you love me...
Apricot: I'm sorry, I should have told you, but honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal. I love you and I never wanted to hurt you. I've felt guilty about it ever since. And like I said, it was before we were actually in a relationship, so I didn't bring it up because I knew how you'd react. 
Lilac: What about the baby?
Apricot: What baby?
Lilac: YOUR baby...with HER.
Apricot: I didn't know about any baby, I swear. I haven't seen or talked to Banana since then. 
Lilac: Well, she got pregnant that day. You have a daughter. That's how I found out about this whole thing. She's got your eyes! 



Apricot: F***, I'm sorry, baby. This is my fault, I should have told you about the whole situation when we started dating. I'm telling you the truth about the baby. I really had no idea that she was pregnant. If I could go back and do things differently, I would. Can you forgive me? 
Lilac: We'll see.

I walked away, not knowing what to think. Should I forgive him? Did it go down like he said, or is he just lying to me? I love him with all my heart, so I want to believe his story. I guess we'll see what happens.
<-- Chapter 2-5 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...