Monday, April 8, 2019

Chapter 2-7



It's been about two months since I found out about the incident between Apricot and Banana. For the most part, it's all blown over. But I still can't help but wonder if staying with him was the right choice.

His mother came to town and asked us to go to dinner with her. Dad watched the kids while we were out.

It was nice to see her again, since it's been awhile. Apricot was happy to see her as well. However, during dinner we noticed that she was drinking a lot. It seems that she has picked up a nasty habit since Apricot left. He was her world after all. Apricot was starting to look worried.


I had a drink as well, something I rarely do. It wasn't long before a wave of nausea came over me.


Apricot: Are you okay, babe? You don't look so good.
Lilac: I..will be right back. I'm gonna puke. 


I made it to the bathroom right in time.I head back to the table, appetite gone, and just sitting there, thinking. 

Apricot: Everything okay? 
Lilac: I'm alright, I just don't feel well. I think...I might be pregnant.
Peach: *drunk* Yipee, I'm gonna be a grandma again!
Apricot: Are you sure it isn't from the alcohol?
Lilac: I'm pretty sure. Alcohol has never had that kind of effect on me before.
Apricot: Okay, let's wrap this up and get you home. 

We paid the bill, and dropped his mom off at her hotel (since she's not in any condition to drive safely). Apricot ran into the pharmacy and picked up a pregnancy test so we can find out for sure, if we are expecting again or not.

I went straight for the bathroom when we got home to take the test.


Lilac: C'mon, c'mon. Hurry up and give me the results. 

It felt like it took the stick forever to give me answers. 



 As I suspected. It came back positive. Looks like there's another baby in our future. I walk out of the bathroom, where Apricot was waiting.


Apricot: So...what's the verdict?
Lilac: We're having another baby!
Apricot: That's great, honey! Wow, what a pleasant surprise.


 I was unsure how Ginger, now school-aged, was going to take the news. Surprisingly, she was very excited. She became my little helper as my pregnancy progressed. She helped me do the things around the house, including helping with the twins.


 When I hit my second trimester, I went to get an ultrasound as usual, and, to our surprise, found out that once again we were having twins, this time one boy and one girl.



This pregnancy threw me for a loop. First of all, it was unexpected. Second, it was another set of twins, and third, I had to keep up with three children at the same time. Sure, I had Ginger helping me, but there's only so much she can do. Exhaustion was the name of the game this pregnancy. I don't know how I'm going to handle two more babies.


Labor and delivery went without any problems. The new twins were home pretty soon after.
Welcome to the world, our daughter Sugar, and son, Papaya.

  
Luckily, by the time the new twins arrived, the boys hit school age. This made things a lot easier for me to handle while Apricot is at work.


Now that we have five children. I think it's safe to say that Apricot and I have our hands full, and are not planning on having any more. 
<-- Chapter 2-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...