Monday, April 15, 2019

Chapter 3-2



“Time to go to school, kiddo.”

Holly: Alright daddy, let’s go!


Mandarin leaves to drop Holly off at school. After he leaves, I decide to talk to Sugar about what I saw at the wedding.


Ginger: Alright, Sugar. Living room. Now.
Sugar: Geez, Mom. What’s this about?
Ginger: You know what this is about. Why were you with him at the wedding.
Sugar: We’ve been dating for a while now. I love him, and he loves me.
Ginger: You do know who he is right?
Sugar: Of course, his name is Dragonfruit. He’s so dreamy, isn’t he?
Ginger: Um, I hate to break it you, but that’s a lie. That’s Pomegranate, my ex.
Sugar: Wait, the Pomegranate? The one who raped you and abandoned you once he found out about the baby? That Pomegranate?
Ginger: Yes, Sugar. That Pomegranate. I see that he hasn’t changed. He’s the same player that he always has been. Trust me, Sugar, you need to get away from him.
Sugar: But, I love him. He hasn’t done me any wrong.
Ginger: Yeah, not yet, until he does the same to you. If you don’t want to listen to me, fine! Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
 
Six months later…

I’m heavily pregnant now, with the baby coming any day now. Mandarin and I were told that we are having a little girl. Holly is ecstatic to be having a little sister. The anticipation is growing by the hour, awaiting for the arrival of this little one.


Sugar’s POV

I’ve made a mistake. I should have listened to Ginger. She was right about him. 


Yes, I willingly slept with Pomegranate, multiple times, even after my conversation with Ginger and finding out the truth. The lying was the first red flag. I talked to him about it, and he said that he wanted to get back at Ginger for dumping him after he refused to care for a baby. That was red flag number 2. Still, I was stupid enough to stay with him, knowing what I know. Now I’m pregnant, because I was ignorant, and stupid not to use protection.

Now I have to tell him. And I know it’s not going to be pretty. He’s going to be angry. 



Pomegranate: Hey baby, what are you doing here? Did you come back for more?
Sugar: Shut it, Pom. We have a problem.
Pomegranate: Nothing my d*** can’t fix. Come on, baby, let’s do it.
Sugar: Um, no, don’t think so. Your d*** is what caused this problem to begin with. I’m pregnant.
Pomegranate: You’re joking, right. There’s no way.
Sugar: Why would I be joking?
Pomegranate: Son of a b****.  Well, I’m sure your sister knows what happens next. It’s me or the baby. Your choice, cuz I’m not raising a baby. F*** that.



Sugar: Well, goodbye then, Pom. Enjoy your life, you piece of scum. I shoulda listened to Ginger, and broke it off sooner. 


I walked out of the house, and didn’t look back. I’m so f****** stupid, why did I fall for his crap? Now it looks like I’m in the same situation she was, except I don’t have a friend like Mandarin to fall back on for support. What am I going to do now?

Heading home, I can just hear Ginger lecturing me about this. She has become such a mom since she gave birth to Holly. I mean, really Ging, leave the lecturing to Mom.

Sugar: *shouting* Ginger, where are you?
Ginger: I’m here, what’s up?
Sugar: I-I- I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. I f***ed up. You were right, he’s a jerk. I should have learned from your mistake…
Ginger: At least you finally came to your senses before—wait, you’re pregnant aren’t you? Is this what this is all about?


 I nodded, ashamed.

Ginger: …
Sugar: Before you say it, I know. Save the lecture. I need your help, please. I can’t do this alone.
Ginger: Yes, of course. I’m not going to make you suffer through this scary time alone. Everyone here will have your back just like they had mine. Just breathe. We’ll figure something out.
Sugar: Thanks, Ging, and again, I’m sorry for being so hard-headed. This wouldn’t have happened if I took your advice.

Ginger’s POV

I feel frustrated with Sugar. I knew this would happen if she stayed with him. It makes me wonder how many other kids he has out there that he has disowned. Hopefully not very many. No woman, or child, deserves to be kicked to the curb like that. 

I feel a familiar cramping start in my abdomen, and scream in pain.


Sugar: S***, are you okay?
Ginger: It’s time. The baby is coming. I need to get to the hospital, ASAP.


Mandarin was at work, so Mom drove us all to the hospital. Mandarin met us there after he left work.Our daughter arrived late that night. We named her Blossom. 


In the morning, we took her home.
We couldn’t help but admire her. She is the perfect blend of the two of us. Almost seeming symbolic of how well Mandarin and I mesh so well together. She has my peach-toned skin and eyes, and hair that has an orangish tint to it. She is our little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...