Monday, April 15, 2019

Chapter 3-4




Holly's birthday came and went, and she is now a teenager. Right after her birthday, dad passed away. We all were very upset but Holly seemed to take it the hardest.

We buried him in the family's graveyard. 


Because of dad's death, we haven't told her about her dad yet. We decided to wait until the mourning period has passed.
................................................................................................................................................................


  Mandarin: Holly, your mother and I need to tell you something.

I busy myself in the kitchen, while the two talk, chiming in when needed. This isn't going to be a pleasant conversation. 

Holly: Oh, okay. 
Mandarin: We need to tell you something that we've been meaning to talk to you about, but we wanted to wait until you were old enough to understand. 
Holly: Oh...my...God....I'm adopted aren't I?
Mandarin: What? No, not quite.
Holly: What do you mean 'not quite'? 
Ginger: What we're trying to tell you is that Mandarin here is not your father, biologically speaking. It's a long story. 
Holly: Seriously? *starting to cry* you lied to me all this time? 
Ginger: Honey, I need to explain the whole situation, and why we waited until now to tell you. It's not a story for young ears. 
Holly: Ugh, fine. 
Ginger: When I was 17, I was dating your father, one of the best football players at school... 

I told her the whole story, and she looked horrified.

Holly: I-I understand. I can't believe that happened to you, Mom. 
Ginger: After, your father and I broke up because he had no interest in raising you, Mandarin, who has been my close friend since childhood, jumped in to support us. After you were born, he took you under his wing, claiming you as his daughter.
Mandarin: That's right, Holly. Even though you aren't biologically mine, I felt a fatherly connection to you. I love you like you're my own, and that's never going to change. 
Holly: I love you too...dad. 


Holly, still in shock from what she heard, starts to cry again. Mandarin comforts her.

Holly: I need some time to think. Thank you for finally telling me. *turning to Mandarin* I appreciate everything you have done for me and Mom, I just don't know how to process all this.
Ginger: We understand it's a lot to take in. Just know that if you want to talk about it, we're here for you. 

She went to her room, and didn't come out much for the next week. She comes to me one day and asks if I have her dad's contact information because she wanted to meet him. I reluctantly give it to her. I'm not going to deny her wanting to meet him. I'm just afraid of what's going to happen when they meet.
..................................................................................................................................................... 
 
 Holly's POV


I get to my real dad's house, and knock on the door. He looks surprised to see me there, but let's me in without a word. Then he turns and smiles at me.


 Pomegranate: What's a beautiful young lady doing at my house? Looking to hook up?

Are kidding me? Is this a joke? I guess Mom wasn't kidding when she said he likes to sleep around and flirt with every girl he sees.

Holly: Ew, gross, no. I'm not here for that. I came here to meet you.
Pomegranate: *looking confused* Why? Who are you?


Holly: I'm your daughter. My name is Holly.
Pomegranate: You serious?....Oh I see it now. You look a lot like your mother. What I don't understand is why she told you about me knowing I wanted nothing to do with you. Sorry sweetie, but if you want me to give you money or something, it's not happening. 
Holly: Wow, you really are a jerk. Mom was right about you. What a waste of time. I'm leaving. Goodbye, Dad


Mom was waiting for me when I got home. I know she wants to know what happened and I'm going to tell her. 


 Ginger: How'd it go? Are you alright, sweetie?
Holly: You were right, Mom. He's exactly how you described. He tried to flirt with me at first, before I told him who I was.
Ginger: Dang, yeah, he hasn't changed.

 

 Holly: H-he wants nothing to do with me...I feel so unwanted, you know? My own father disowns me because he can't handle being a parent.


Ginger: I know sweetie, it sucks, but you have all of us here. We love you and would do anything for you. There is a reason we didn't tell you sooner. We knew this was going to happen, and we didn't want to see you so upset.


She pulls me into a hug. I feel comforted, but I wish I could get this kind of affection from the man who helped create me. I feel so lonely, even though I know I have love and support from everyone here in this house. Life really sucks sometimes. Guess I'm gonna have to get over it and move on.

<-- Chapter 3-3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...