Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Chapter 4-2


Well, I guess my relationship with Maize won't be so secret much longer. It turns out that I'm pregnant, so obviously I have to tell my parents eventually. I don't know how they will react.

 
I told Maize already and he is thrilled about the idea of parenthood, even if it is a little earlier than both of us had intended.


Blossom: So, uh, Mom, you know how I was planning on pursue my painting career?
Ginger: Yes, have you changed your mind? Want to do something else?
Blossom: No, no, I still want to do it, but it's going to have to be put to the side for the moment.
Ginger: Okay, why? 
Blossom: Well, um, I'm pregnant, so I want to focus on this baby first.
Ginger: You're what? Pregnant? How? I haven't seen you with anyone, and you don't leave the house much.
Blossom: Mom, don't be mad, but Maize and I have been having a secret relationship for a couple months now.
Ginger: Wow, really, I couldn't tell, but I guess now that you mention it...I see the way he looks at you, like he's very fond of you. That all makes sense now. I don't have a problem with the relationship, but I wish you would have told me, and been a little more careful. Maize is a good guy, I'm sure the two of you will be happy together. He's planning on being there for the baby, right?
Blossom: Yes, he's very happy about the news. He's not going anywhere.

Now is the time to break it to Dad. I don't think he will take it as nicely as Mom did. Mom decided to come with me, to help me break the news.


Blossom: Dad, I have something to tell you. Please don't be mad at me. 
Mandarin: Okay...?
Blossom: Dad, I have been having a relationship with Maize for a couple of months now, and we just found out that we are going to have a baby.
Mandarin: Very funny...wait, seriously?
Blossom: Yes, Dad, I'm serious. I know this is unexpected, but I really love him, and he is going to help with the baby. 
Mandarin: I need to talk to him. In private. Please go get him, and send him here.

Oh s***. I can tell Dad is angry, but he's trying to contain it. This won't be pretty for Maize... 

.............................................................................................................................................................

Maize's POV 

I know this is not going to go well. Mandarin is a nice guy, but considering he's technically my boss and I slept with his daughter, I don't think this will do well.

Maize: Hello, sir. What's going on? 
Mandarin: We need to chat.
Maize: Okay, what about?
Mandarin: You know what this is about.
Maize: Sir, look, I'm sorry. I should have kept it professional, but I really love your daughter, and I can't stop thinking about her. 
Mandarin: You are my employee! You have no right to sleep with my daughter! I should have known you would try something with her! I am hereby dismissing you of your duty.


Maize: Wait, sir, can't we talk about this.
Mandarin: Fine. Let's sit down. 
Maize: I'm not lying to you, I want to be with your daughter, and be there for our baby. Before I found out the news, I was going to come to you and ask your permission to marry her. But considering this conversation, it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. I'm sorry. I'll pack my belongings and be out by morning.
Mandarin: *sighs* You really are serious aren't you? I can see it in your eyes. If you promise to treat her well, then I have no problem with you dating my daughter, and asking for her hand in marriage. Just don't keep anymore secrets from us, okay? *smiles*


Maize: Yes, of course, sir, I deeply apologize for the lying. Thank you, I won't let you, or your daughter, down again.
Mandarin: You can call me Mandarin. I won't have you working for me again, but that's because I am going to consider you family...Son. 
Maize: Thank you, S-Mandarin. Thank you so much! *smiles* 

Looks like things will work out after all. I plan on proposing to Blossom soon. I just need to plan it out.

Ginger's POV

Ginger: Oh, Manny, I knew you couldn't stay mad for long once you heard the news. I can tell that he really does love Blossom, and she just beams when she talks about him.
Mandarin: Yeah, I caught that too, during our conversation. I was going to kick him out, but then I saw how he is when he talks about her. I could tell that it's genuine. 
Ginger: I agree. I think our baby has found her soulmate. Those two are obviously meant to be together.
Mandarin: Well, now we wait and see what happens...Grandma. *smiles* 


 Though the baby news was quite unexpected, I am really excited that I'm going to have another grandbaby. I don't see the twins often, since Holly lives a couple hours away, and is busy working and raising the girls alone. Now we will have a new baby in the household, hopefully one that will stay here. I am going to spoil him or her.

.................................................................................................................................................................

Blossom's POV 

Now that the parents know about our relationship, my stress has gone down significantly. Now we can focus on raising this baby, and making sure he or she is happy and healthy.

Maize: Blossom, baby. Let's get out for a while. Where ever you want to go.
Blossom: Uh, yeah sure. How about...the Red Carpet Museum? I've always wanted to check that out.
Maize: Alright, let's go.

We went to the Red Carpet Museum, and it was pretty cool, with old props and stuff from movie sets. When we were looking at this movie poster, Maize turns to me and pulls me into his arms.

Maize: Hey, baby, I was just thinking....I think we should get married. Will you be my wife?
Blossom: Oh, Maize, yes, I will. 

 
It wasn't exactly how I expected to be proposed to, but, hey, I think it was cute. Maize isn't one to make a big scene or do anything extravagant, so this proposal suited his personality just right.  I love this man, and all his little quirks. There's no way I'm going to turn down the chance to be with him forever.


We went home after that. I told my mom, and she was thrilled. My life is all coming together. These past few months have been the best of my life. Hopefully it will get better from here on out. 

<-- Chapter 4-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...