Sunday, April 28, 2019

Chapter 6-1

   
 Ivy's POV

My name is Ivy Greene. I am currently 16 years old, and I have no idea what to do with my life. So for now, I am 'playing the field' so to speak. Ya know, learning my options in the romance department. I've had several boyfriends in the past year, and none of them have been suitable for me. What can I say? I'm picky.




I'm very close with my siblings. I'd do anything for them. I am the oldest after all, even if it is only by a couple of minutes.


Clover can be a pain in my butt sometimes though, with his endless talking. That's how he has always been. I think he does it to purposely annoy me. I've gotten to the point where I just tune him out.
Jade is the sweet, innocent type. She's very timid but somehow bubbly at the same time, and keeps to herself most of the time. 
............................................................................................................................................................

Damn it, why am I such an idiot? 


 I look down and curse myself, tears streaming down my face. Why...why..why?

 
I'm pregnant. Why wasn't I more careful? I should have known this s*** was going to come back to bite me. I know the father is my last boyfriend, who disappeared off the face of the planet after i dumped him. There's no way I'll be able to get ahold of him to tell him. F***, I guess I'm doing this alone.
I need to talk to Mom, and see what she has to say. 


Daisy: Hey Sweetie, there you are. I was wondering where you went off to.
Ivy: Mom, I need to talk to you about something.
Daisy: Oh, okay, let's have a seat.




Ivy: Mom, I'm going to have a baby.
Daisy: What?! How? You're just a child!
Ivy: C'mon Mom, I'm sixteen, definitely not a child anymore. The father is my last boyfriend, who I can't get a hold of because he just up and disappeared.
Daisy: *sigh* Okay, so what are you going to do?
Ivy: I'm conflicted. I need your advice. I'm not ready to be a mom. What should I do?
Daisy: Well if you keep the baby, you need to be prepared for all the time and responsibility that that entitles. But if you don't want the baby, then there's adoption or there's--the other option...
Ivy: Okay, okay Mom. I get it. No need to explain. Well...I think the best option for me is to give the baby up for adoption. I want him or her to have a good life, and I don't think I can provide that for him/her at my age. I don't think I can handle it.
Daisy: Okay, if that's what you want to do, I'll help you.
Ivy: No. I'll do it. I got myself into this mess, and I'll take care of it.
Daisy: Damn, you're so stubborn. Do what you want, then. 


I made a phone call to the adoption agency to get some information about the process. They assured me that they'd be in touch. 


 I  brought my parents up to speed with what's going on, and they are being supportive of my decision.

As my pregnancy progressed, I had regular doctors appointments to make sure the babies are healthy. That's right, I'm having twins. I was stunned to hear that.

The adoption agency got back to me and said they found a young couple looking to adopt, so I set up a time to meet them at their house.


 Their house is massive. I'm guessing they have quite a bit of money. 


 I was instantly greeted by the wife, Rose, a very maternal woman who has fertility problems which had made it hard to have a baby of her own.

Rose: Ah, you made it. Look at you! Such a pretty little thing.
Ivy: Uh...thanks. Nice to meet you, Rose.


Rose: Can I feel?

Ivy: Yeah, sure, knock yourself out. They'll be your babies, after all. Unless you decide to change your mind.
Rose: We won't back out on you. We've been waiting for this for a long time. Go on to the living room and I'll get you a drink.
Ivy: Okay, thank you.



 I head to the living room and sit on the couch. The husband, Ocean, comes and joins me.

Ocean: You must be Ivy. I'm Ocean. Nice to meet you, darlin'.
Ivy: Yes, nice to meet you too.
Ocean: Soo...you're not keeping the babies because?
Ivy: My age. I'm only sixteen and I'm just not ready for kids yet. I think that you and Rose will be able to cater to their needs better than I can right now.
Ocean: I see. Do you want us to keep you updated with pictures and letters?
Ivy: I'd like that, if you guys don't mind. I don't know if I could live my life not knowing how my babies are doing.
Ocean: Oh, that shouldn't be a problem. I'd be happy to do that for you. It's the least we can do.
Ivy: Thank you
Rose: So, you two getting to know each other, huh?
Ocean: Yes, Ivy here seems like a very wonderful young woman. I'm glad that we found her.
Rose: I agree. Thank you, Ivy, for giving us this opportunity to become parents. We've had such a hard time having a baby of our own. If you need anything, please let us know, okay?
Ivy: No, thank you for being here to give these babies the life they deserve, and for your wonderful hospitality. I need to get going now.
Rose: Yes, of course, I'm sure you're a busy girl. Have a great night, and please don't hesitate to call us if you need to.
Ivy: I will, thank you.


For the first time since I've been pregnant I felt a twinge of regret for my decision to give up the babies. I think I've become attached to them even though I haven't met them yet. Am I doing the right thing? For me and for the babies? I guess it's too late now.

Now it's the waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...