Sunday, April 28, 2019

Chapter 6-2

 
The moment everyone has been waiting for has finally arrived. I was feeling a whole range of emotions: anxiety, dread, excitement. I was anxious because I didn't know what to expect and I felt dread because I know I won't be taking the babies home with me. But I was also excited to meet my babies, even if they're technically not mine after I sign them over to their new parents. I will miss my babies, and it's too late to turn back now. I can't do that to Rose and Ocean. 


Naturally everyone showed up at the hospital for this big moment in our lives. Mom was there to comfort me and guide me through the labor. Rose and Ocean were there to support me and to see the birth of their babies.

 After they were born, I was given some alone time to meet and hold them. This was bittersweet for me. Yes, my babies were finally here, and I'm overjoyed to finally meet them, but this is probably the only time I'll be able to hold them in my arms. I have officially bonded with them. My daughter, Misty, has her father's snow white hair, while my son, Parsley had my green hair. Both babies have my yellow skin tone and green eyes. I love them so much and it hurts my heart to see them go.



Later, Rose and Ocean came in for their bonding time. I  felt a little bit of jealousy. 



 After I parted ways with my babies, I couldn't stop thinking about them. Have I made mistake? Will Ocean and Rose tell them that I'm their mother when they're older?


 I tried my best to go back to my normal routine with school and homework, but that proved to be a lot harder than I expected it to.


 Clover: Hey, sis. I know you're upset; it's understandable given the circumstances. Look at the plus side. You brought two beautiful, healthy babies into the world, and gave a couple the opportunity to be parents when they couldn't do it themselves. You helped them, Ivy. And besides I'm sure you'll be able to see them again. It's not like their gone forever.
Ivy: I appreciate that, Clover, thanks. It was just harder to give them up than I thought. I'll get over it eventually, but it's not going to be easy.
Clover: I'm sure you'll be a great mother one day, when you decide you're ready. We're all here if you need to talk.
Ivy: I got it. Thanks.

 Even with Clover's kind words, I still felt overwhelming sadness. Jade decided to try to cheer me up. She's such a sweet girl. 


Jade: Oh, Ivy, please don't cry. Everything will be okay.
Ivy: Thanks, Jade. I'll be fine, really. Sometimes you just need to let it out, you know? 
Jade: Okay, if you say so. I love you, sis.
Ivy: Love you too, Jade. 


Once the hormones of pregnancy subsided, I started feeling better. I was finally able to focus on finishing project for school. It isn't going to easy, but I trust Rose and Ocean will take good care of my babies, and I need to move on with my life. I hope I will be reunited with them again someday.

One thing is for sure, if and when I get pregnant again, I am keeping that baby. Even if it kills me.

<-- Chapter 6-1




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...