Monday, April 29, 2019

Chapter 6-4


  Trigger Warning: While I try to keep things PG13,  some scenes may be inappropriate for younger readers or those sensitive to sexual situations (such as rape), drugs, and domestic violence. There isn't any nudity or anything graphic, but there are scenes where sexual assault/domestic violence/drug use is implied/mentioned.

No, no, no, dammit. This can't be happening. Not again.

It's like deja vu all over again. I'm pregnant, but this time it's not necessarily because of my stupidity. I didn't want this. Not now, at least. Not with the way Turq has been acting. 


 It's only been getting worse. He is getting high more and more frequently, and demanding sex almost everyday. If I don't give in to him, he beats me until I do. I love him, but this relationship can't continue, especially now that there's a baby on the way.

 I go into the room and cry. I don't know what else to do. How is Turq going to act? Is he going to be high when he walks through the door?

He gets home shortly after noon, gets changed into comfortable clothes, and comes into the bedroom. He's sober. At least for now.

Turq: Hey Ivy, baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?

Without saying anything, I hand him the pregnancy test. A shocked look comes over his face.

Turq: You're pregnant? No way.
Ivy: Yes way. We're going to have a baby. I don't know how I feel about this.
Turq: C'mon honey, this is great. We can be a family. Come here, sit with me.

I move to the edge of the bed and he pulls me into his arms.

Turq: It'll be fun having a little one around the house.
Ivy:...

Staying silent, I get up and go to the bathroom. I don't feel like talking to him about his behavior. I don't want to start a fight. He follows me anyway. 

Turq: What's wrong? What did I do?
Ivy: What did you do? What didn't you do? The drugs, the violence. I can't take it anymore. If we have this baby, things need to change.
Turq: Oh, honey, they will. I swear. I'll get clean. I want to be with you, and raise the baby together.
Ivy: It better change. If not, then we're done. I'm putting my foot down!


He hugs me.

Turq: I'll change, I'll get help. Please baby, let's be a family. Just give me a chance.
Ivy: Fine. You have one chance to prove it.


 
 And things did get better....for while.


When I hit the three month mark in my pregnancy. It started up again.


Ivy: Are you f***ing kidding me? Again, Turq? You were doing so well!
Turq: I-I tried. It's hard to just quit. But the stress of the baby...I just like doing it, okay?!
Ivy: We had a deal. I'm not doing it anymore, Turq. We're through. get out of my house!


 He pushes me to the floor and starts beating me, hands around my throat. Then everything goes black...
......................................................................................................................................................................

Jade's POV

Jade: Ivy! I'm here! Ready to go?

No answer. 

Jade: Ivy?

I walk into the apartment, and I see Ivy passed out on the floor.

Jade: S***. Ivy, are you alright? Can you hear me?

 
No response. Oh f***, I need to call an ambulance.

Operator: 911, how can I help you?
Jade: My sister...she's unconscious. She looks like she was beat up, or fell and hit her head. I need an ambulance as soon as possible.
Operator: Give me the address and I'll send someone out right away.



I gave the operator the address and hang up. I'm scared. What happened? Where's Turq?

It felt like eternity before the ambulance got there. They got Ivy on the stretcher to take her to the hospital.

Jade: Hey sis, I'm here. Everything's going to be okay. 




They got her to the hospital, and got her changed and situated in the bed. They assured me that she'll be fine. Just some cuts and bruises. 


She woke up a couple hours later, clearly confused.


Ivy: Where am I? My head is pounding. What happened? 
Jade: You're in the hospital. I came to your house because we were going to go shopping remember? When I got there, you were on the floor. Do you remember anything?
Ivy: I remember arguing with Turq, and him knocking me down. That's about it. 
Jade: So HE did this to you?! What an a**hole.
Ivy: Yeah, I was telling him that he needed to leave, that our relationship was over...
Jade: And he got angry, right?
Ivy: Yeah, very. He was high on whatever drugs he's been taking, and he very violent when he's on them. I should have waited until he sobered up. This is all my fault.
Jade: This is not your fault, Ivy. He clearly needs help, professional help. You should report him.
Ivy: Maybe. I need to talk to him when I get home. If he doesn't go to rehab, I'm kicking him out. We'll go from there. 

..............................................................................................................................................................

Ivy's POV 

I was released from the hospital the next morning. Now I have some business to take care of.

And of course, Turq was home when I got there. 


 Turq: Hey, you okay? I heard you fell and hit your head. You look like hell.
Ivy: No thanks to you. I know you did this to me. I didn't just "fall." You need help, seriously. You need to leave. I don't want to see you around here any more! LEAVE.
Turq: But...what about the baby? I can't leave you to care for it alone.

Ivy: The baby's gone. 
Turq: What do you mean it's 'gone'?
Ivy: I mean it didn't make it...after you attacked me. I miscarried...because of you. Thanks, a**hole. Now GET OUT!
Turq: I-I killed our baby? I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. It was the drugs talking, not me.
Ivy: *glares*
Turq: Fine. I'm leaving. I really am sorry, Ivy. Goodbye.


I start tearing up as he leaves through the door. I love him, but yet I hate him. He's the father of my baby after all.

 I lied to him about the baby, by the way. Our son is still alive and well. He was a little jostled but he's going to be fine. I chose to wear a baggy hoodie to hide my belly so it's not so obvious that I'm still pregnant. I knew if I told Turq the truth, he wouldn't leave, and I'd be stuck with his episodes. I don't want our baby exposed to that, so I'm going to raise this baby on my own.



I was a good feeling that he is finally out of my life, so why do I feel so sad? Did I do the right thing? I laid in bed and moped the rest of the day.

Little did I know, the drama wasn't over yet.
 <- Chapter 6-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 9-12

A year after the miscarriage, Chantilly and Obsidian are officially young adults. And I'm happy to announce that are expecting...